Terms of Service
Dissertation Success Institute LLC (hereinafter “Company”) provides various services (hereinafter “Services”) through its website (hereinafter “Website”) at dissertationsuccess.com or another domain, and all services provided are governed by the terms specified herein (hereinafter “Terms of Service”).
1. General Terms By accessing the Website you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this Website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
– Modify or copy the materials;
– Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
– Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Website;
– Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
– Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of the Terms of Service and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Disclaimer The materials on Website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. Limitations In no event shall Company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Website or the Services, even if Company or a Company authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials The materials appearing on Website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Company does not warrant that any of the materials on Website are accurate, complete, or current. Company may make changes to the materials contained on Website at any time without notice. However Company does not make any commitment to update the materials.
6. Links Company has not reviewed all of the sites linked to Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of such site by Company. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
7. Client Terms
If you choose to apply to become a client of Company, you acknowledge that you have read and hereby agree to our Coaching Guidelines (incorporated by reference herein) as well as the following terms.
A. Enrollment and Coaching
i. Availability and eligibility of scholarships are at the absolute and sole discretion of the Company.
ii. Your enrollment in our Services is subject to approval at the absolute and sole discretion of the Company based on factors including but not limited to availability of our staff, your area of study, and your status in your doctoral program.
iii. Our satisfaction guarantee applies to Dissertation Boot Camp plans of 4 weeks or longer. For these plans only, after the date of your first call with your coach, you have 7 days to withdraw and receive a full refund of the amount paid. After this period for qualifying plans or for all other plans that do not qualify for the satisfaction guarantee, you agree that the full tuition is owed to and has been earned by Company at the time of your enrollment, and you agree no refund of tuition paid or waiver of tuition owed will be provided to you under any circumstances. Moreover, Services must begin within 30 days of enrollment unless explicitly approved in advance by Company.
iv. You agree that the Services begin on the start date and end on the end date as stated in your enrollment email.
v. If extreme unexpected circumstances arise which impair your ability to work with your coach, you may request one pause in advance via email notification to your coach and our support team at [email protected]. However, you agree that any such pause and/or extension of the end date is solely at the Company’s discretion and that this does not in any way affect or invalidate any of the Terms of Service.
vi. You agree that you will authorize and make all payments for the full tuition amount and that the automatic payments (if applicable) will not be canceled. You agree that failure to pay the tuition in full will result in legal action and/or reporting your account to a collections agency.
vii. Deposits toward a future enrollment are valid for six months from the date of payment.
viii. An appointment scheduled with a coach must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled time. If not, then the appointment is counted against the allotment for the package in which you enrolled, if applicable.
ix. If you purchased a 4 week plan, you have the option to upgrade to a longer plan by contacting our team and submitting payment for the upgrade within 7 days of your initial start date.
i. Each Party may disclose to the other Party information that it deems as confidential (hereinafter “Confidential Information”) which may include but is not limited to research, invention descriptions, technical and business information related to proprietary ideas, trade secrets, and current or future business plans or ideas.
ii. The receiving Party shall neither disclose to any third party nor use the Confidential Information it receives from the originating Party for any purpose other than that contemplated hereunder for so long as Confidential Information must be maintained in confidence unless the originating Party shall agree otherwise in writing. Each Party agrees to take reasonable and appropriate measures to keep confidential and to safeguard from theft or loss and to limit access to Confidential Information to those authorized agents within the receiving Party’s organization that reasonably require access to the Confidential Information for carrying out the purpose herein and who have agreed to protect the Confidential Information in accordance with the terms herein.
iii. Confidential Information shall not be considered confidential or subject to terms herein, if the receiving Party can establish that the same: (a) was rightfully in the possession of the receiving Party prior to the date of disclosure of such Confidential Information as evidenced by competent proof; or (b) is or becomes a part of the public knowledge or literature without breach of the terms herein by the receiving Party; or (c) is supplied without restriction on disclosure to the receiving Party by a third party who had a lawful right to disclose it and is under no obligation to the originating Party to maintain such Confidential Information in confidence; or (d) is developed by the receiving Party independently of the disclosure made under the terms herein as demonstrated by competent proof. Confidential Information shall not be deemed to be available to the public or in the possession of the receiving Party merely because it is embraced by more general information so available or in the receiving Party’s possession.
iv. Should the receiving Party be faced with judicial or governmental action to disclose Confidential Information received hereunder, said Party shall take reasonable steps to notify the originating Party in advance of such disclosure. Should the receiving Party become aware of any breach of the provisions herein related to Confidential Information, the receiving Party agrees to promptly notify the originating Party thereof in writing, and the originating Party shall have the right to immediately terminate the relationship between the Parties. Confidential Information shall remain the property of the originating Party. Nothing herein shall be construed as granting any right or license to any invention, patent, or other property now or hereafter owned or controlled by either Party.
8. Modifications and Validity
Company may revise these Terms of Service at any time without notice. By using our Website and Services, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service constitute the entire understanding of the Parties related to the Services. No variation, modification, or waiver of these Terms of Service shall be deemed valid unless in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both Parties. If any provision herein is to any extent illegal, otherwise invalid, or unenforceable, such provision shall be excluded to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability; all other provisions herein shall remain in full force and effect; and, to the extent permitted and possible, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed replaced by a provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable provision. Failure to enforce any of the terms or conditions herein shall not constitute a waiver of any such terms or conditions, or of any other terms or conditions.
9. Governing Law These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that state or location.
All disputes between the Parties arising from or relating to the Services and the terms herein shall be settled by final and binding arbitration in accordance with and subject to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association in effect at such time by a panel of three arbitrators selected in accordance with those Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered in any such arbitration may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for a judicial acceptance of the award and enforcement, as the law of such jurisdiction may require or allow. The prevailing Party in any action to enforce these Terms of Service shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees.